We are thrilled to be able to reopen the doors of our stores. For the protection of our team and customers we will be doing this cautiously and have made changes to the way our stores operate and the services we offer. This means that we are not able to offer the full service you are used to in our stores but we hope you understand that we have to prioritise safety and thank you for your support on this. Please read the changes below before you visit and let us know if you have any questions.
Changes To Customer Services
- Our Howards Restaurant is open within the store and Howards Pop Up Cafe is open in our plants area. In line with government guidelines for people meeting indoors – Up to 6 people, who are part of an extended household or ‘bubble’ can be seated at a table.
- We will not be able to assist customers with heavy lifting. If you wish to purchase something heavy please visit store as a two so that you can lift it yourselves.
- We will not be able to assist you with taking things to your car.
- We will not be operating a home delivery service from our stores. Instead if you wish to purchase something that requires delivery you must purchase it through our website www.charlies.co.uk and the delivery will be done by a third party courier. For agricultural products you can arrange collection at store.
- Stock of large garden furniture or BBQ lines will not be available to take home from store. These can be purchased from our website. The only product that will be available is that that can fit in your car.
- You are temporarily prohibited from trying on clothing and our changing rooms are closed. To try on footwear please ask a member of staff before doing so.
- There maybe other changes in specific departments so please follow instructions.
Changes To How The Stores Operate
- As of Monday 14th September it is now compulsory to wear a face mask now in shops in Wales. This means that to enter our Coed-y-Dinas store you will now be expected to wear a mask if you can.
- Do not enter the store if you or anyone else in your household has Covid-19 symptoms.
- We have strict social distancing measures in place and ask all colleagues and customers to adhere to them.
- We have queuing systems in place outside our stores and will be managing the number of people in the store. At busy times you may have to wait outside to enter a store.
- In certain areas of the store one way flows have been put in place, please follow the signage.
- We encourage you to shop unassisted but where needed team members will be there to assist in accordance with guidelines.
- We are asking you to pay by card wherever possible.
- We will not be processing Klarna payments. This service is still available on certain products on our website.
We ask for your support and patience during this difficult time. Be assured we will be doing our best to offer the highest standards of services whilst keeping everyone as safe as we can. We will be continually monitoring the stores and services we offer and will make changes if we feel we can manage it and it is in-line with government guidance.
At Charlies the safety of both our team and customers is our number one priority. To make sure we operate in the safest way possible during this Corona Virus outbreak we have worked tirelessly to review all of our operations across the business and to put new safety measures in place. In line with Government guidance below you can find copies of our risk assessments for stores and warehouse facilities.
Stores: Please note, individual risk assessments have been carried out at each of our stores to take into account each of their individual characteristics. Below is an example from one store which highlights actions being taken across the stores although there may be slight modifications between sites.
These will be continually reviewed in-line with regulation and changes to our operation. All employees have been trained on these risk assessments and the measures we are taking. We are doing our very best to stay Covid-19 secure.